Monday, May 23, 2011

The Eternal Bond Of Friendship


"A friend indeed is what we need "
A minute quote with a profound meaning. What does it take to make friendships last? Is it wealth? grades? power?


I think its…trust, honesty & faith. As social beings we are compelled to look out for new friends; they provide us with stability in life, shoulders to relieve grief on, to share the most wonderful moments we have ever been part of. That is the kind of friendship we all seek, don't we? It would not be fair to call myself a good friend because I don't think I have spent time with people, getting involved IN them or THEIR interests. 

As the late author Dale Carnegie once said, "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
and I truly am working on it. These are the people I cherish the most and yet I take them for granted.
I suppose, we realize the importance of friendship when we need them in critical moments. I know this because I did lose a friend of mine; I moved to another city and never had the chance to say a proper goodbye to my friend. I still look out for him in the grid*, in hopes that I will see him again. It dawns to me, the realization that friends should be valued and not to be taken for granted.


GRID*:- The Digital Frontier, world wide web.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any relationship for that matter rests on those 3 tenents that you mention - trust, honesty and faith! That includes our relationship as well.

Post a Comment

Type your thoughts!

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.